Sohna(Gurgaon Extension) Overview
- Spread over 6110 Hectares – divided into 38 sectors
- Expected population by 2031 – 6 lac with the density of 300 persons per hectare
- Provisions for Residential, Commercial, Institutional, Industrial, Transport & communication, Public Utilities
- Residential – 5000 acres
- Green + Open space – 2600 acres
- Industrial Model Township (IMT)– 1600 acres
- Sohna – Already a tourist destination with Sulpher-water Springs and Damdama Lake
- Connectivity – Road connectivity planned from sector 63 & 64 (Golf Course Extension Road) will reduce the driving time to 15 minutes.
Like Noida Extension (Greater Noida West) and Raj Nagar Extension (Ghaziabad), a new developing zone – Gurgaon Extension (the area extending from Sohna Road and directly connected to the main Gurgaon-Sohna Road) – is being considered by realty experts as a good place for affordable-range housing. The value of investments could double here once IMT Sohna is up and running, experts say. Also, the Delhi-Mumbai dedicated freight corridor is located close by and all the mega industrial estates and infrastructure coming up along with the KMP corridor will add more value to the investments here.
Close on the heels of its new Master Plan-2031, a slew of group-housing projects, townships, plotted developments, and luxury projects have been announced by leading developers like Raheja Developers, IREO, Parsvnath, Avlon, Gold Souk, etc, for this area.
Gurgaon Extension is already well known for its natural sulphur springs and Damdama Lake. Some of the leading institutions and industries in the area are GD Goenka Education City, K R Mangalam University, Apeejay Satya University, Westin Resort, and MMTC Pamp Gold Refinery (listed among the Top 5 largest refineries in the world).